Saturday, October 01, 2005

The Vegas round up...

First off, quit your whining. I actually skipped the show and spent all my time at the pool! So deal. Actually I was too busy talking to Tomac, Bradbury, Gracia and all my other good buds to take pictures, oops.

As you can see I've got some stuff posted now. Unfortunately the show was pretty unsensational. Can you say monocoque carbon fiber. That seemed to be the theme everywhere!

It was let out of the bag at Eurobike but the SRAM road group was arguably the best thing at the show. Won't be avaiable til '07 bikes come out. The design is crazy and I got the inside scoop from my SRAM buddies. The shifter is design around a single shifting lever positioned behind the brake lever. That single lever triggers both the upshift and downshift. Kind of like trimming a shimano front der but yet totally diferent. small push shifts one direction, big push shifts the other direction. try as I might, I couldn't get past security to actually put a hand on it, but guys are currently riding and racing it.

More 29r stuff will be available, it's kind of all a blur right now. I'll post more comments as I remember.

4 comments:

cvo said...

hey, where did my post go.

Mark Savery said...

Which post? I haven't deleted anything.

cvo said...

odd, I cut and pasted it from your blog where I made it and put it on my blog so I'd remember it.

odd ball man
odd.

is Miah really pissed?

RF said...

thanks for the comments on the sram roads stuff. I'm a bit confused as to how one lever, moving in one direction, can operate both up and down shifts, but i'm sure its much more intuitive than I'm guessing.