Sunday, December 03, 2006


So it is cold out and I have no posts about riding. I thought I might let the skinny on omaha cool down for a bit a post on mtb Omaha.

This is going to be a little bit more of a forum post. With all the bikes that have eccentric bottom brackets, I thought it would be helpful if everyone shared some tips to help with some problems that they cause, namely slipping and creaking.


  • I know One Eye has some special super grease that he gets from work.
  • I have seen the BB shell ruffed up with sandpaper for a better surface.
  • SamSam likes the Dumond Tech
  • Some people say, the creaking just goes away after a while.

Any other tricks?

6 comments:

T-bone said...

Riding with an MP3 player is the easiest way to stop them creaks:)

BigWheelRider said...

A creak is your bike saying, "Lose some weight!" Or it is saying, "Get a better mechanic..."

Dan Sundermeier said...

alright. this forum style post is really getting some good advice. thanks for the inputs!

mw said...

has anyone tried plumbers putty or plumbers tape. works on smaller surface area issues, but an EBB has more surface area. i say phil grease.

Mark Savery said...

creak...

anti-sieze...

creak...

du monde grease...

creak...

back to anti-sieze...

now it's gone...

Hours of Operation said...

don't ride a bike with an eccentric bb. I think that may fix it.