Saturday, February 20, 2010

First rideable day pool

It's time to get a more positive attitude-we have to have something to look for to...so...when will a trail be rideable this year? (This means no snow cover and no harm inflicted on the trail.) Comment in your best guess which trail and the date. Contest rules: 1) THOR will be the arbiter, 2) Prize is a blue Velo Veloce dri-fit T 3) Entries close 2/27 4) Trails limited to Manawa, Tranq, L&C, Swanson.

Though I can't win, I'm thinking Tranquility, April 1 (fool that I am).

15 comments:

Rusty Car said...

If you can keep the snow cover on the ground through out the entire spring, think of how much work that would save T.H.O.R. No weed wacking in April and May.

Just trying to look on the bright side. My vote, you will be riding trails....June 1st.

Rad-Renner said...

Tranquility (the obvious choice) on March 26th. write it down, call your travel agent.

dmars said...

Tranquility april april 3

Flanders said...

L&C April 22nd

Shim said...

Tranquility??? I thought you said a Mountain Bike Trail. :)

tobeistobex said...

Jewel: April 17.
Ok, I am dreaming.

tobeistobex said...

tranquility april 17th

Douglas said...

Tranq = April 12th

buconine said...

Swanson mar 28th

Stratomatic said...

Monday Night Ride on April 5th. Tranquility will be good to ride (I hope).

Roxy said...

THOR will throw in a sweatshirt to the winner as well. Come on Rusty, have hope. You're just jealous that us flat landers have more snow than you guys in Colorado. Okay, maybe not.

arowland said...

Recommendations for MTB tires for Omaha. Planning to race this year...beginner. I have Bontrager ACX on now but they're too much.

ChrisGardner said...

Tax Day! April 15th @ Swanson!

As for tires....I like Continental Mountain King's!

Rusty Car said...

OK Roxz, you do have more snow than CO.

I'd like to revise my entry,
LtD just sent me photo that I posted on my blog.

:) looks like you might be riding by the 4th of July

tornado said...

Tranquility April 16th.
But if the snow is matted down and frozen I am not waiting that long.