Friday, December 08, 2006

You've got 9 hours and 15 minutes...

...of daylight each day to enjoy the weekend. Yep, not much to talk about other than the weather. Did anyone ride last night? AJB came by the store, said his fingers almost fell off the other morning riding in to work. But the warm up is beginning. Highs in the 50's!!! I'm 90% on polo this week. Although I have to be honest, I'm kind of waiting for the snow to play. Polo is just that much sweeter in the white stuff. But, the Snow Rig is ready to roll in mega traction mode so I might as well give it a go on a barren field. T-bone picked up his fixie wheel for the Kona so you almost have to show up just to see how many times he forgets that he can't stop pedaling.

So what's the ride schedule? Anyone going out tomorrow? Me, I gotta hook up parents with sweet bikes for their kids, but Sunday...Jim was talking about a CX bike ride finishing up at the polo field. Or, maybe meet early at Swanson for a couple laps before the match? What are you feeling?

5 comments:

T-bone said...

I'm down for a ride before the game on Sunday. Around 12 noon @ Swanson. If you sticking around for polo don't forget two shirts (one black, one white) and some half time adult beverages.

We have plenty of spare polo mallets for anyone who want's to give it a try.

Biker Bob/Runner Bob said...

6 brave soles showed up for the TNR last night. Temps were at a balmy 18ºF when we started and got down to around 14ºF by the time we finished. I think it was colder than that along the river because my fingers would freeze up at the start of each lap then warm up later in the ride.

I was the first one to bail out and head for Doug's toasty warm car to dig the ice out from between my toes.

I'm not sure any of us made it through the first lap with usable CamelBak's. Mine was froze up within about 10 minutes of the start of the first lap.

ajb said...

I'll try to get out to Swannyson at noon for a lap on Sunday...

Anonymous said...

Hey, I picked up some purple winter gloves in the parking lot at Manawa last night if anybody knows who's they are, I've got 'em.

Anonymous said...

... also, I'll most likely make it out to Swanson at noon.