Monday, March 10, 2008

Metro Singletrack Tour

Mark your calendars for riding to, and on, all the metro singletrack in one day!

Tranquility -> Swanson -> Jewell -> Manawa -> Wabash Trace -> Lewis & Clark -> Tranquility via metro trails and streets. That would be around a century with about half singletrack.

For those who prefer a half century, consider riding Tranquility -> Swanson -> Tranquility. Two laps at each will give you 20 miles singletrack + 30 cement trail.

Saturday, March 29. This is the day before the Bike Masters 5th Annual Circumnavigation of Omaha Century for those who would like a double circle century weekend.

This is dependent on the weather day of, and till then for the singletrack to be rideable. Hopefully, the frost will be out of the ground in less than three weeks.

Enjoy the ride!

3 comments:

Flanders said...

I did this last year and without the Wabash included it was over 100. It was a long day but a lot of fun. I started from CB (home) L&C, Tranq, Swanson, Jewel, Manawa then home. Jewel was hard that late in the mix. I bet your looking at 120 with the Wabash included.
And wouldn't you know it I'm off that day so I might have to join in the pain, errr I mean fun !

Mark Savery said...

Oh man, that's the weekend of Supersale, otherwise I'd be there.

Have fun!

dale said...

I thought it might be over 100 but didn't want to say so and come up short.

Heard others who did it without Wabash and it was a long day as well. L&C last then getting to west O will be interesting. 8-)