Sunday, March 02, 2008

Mother Nature is cruel..............

So I head out of CB after church around 10:00. Checked the weather, OK till 1:00 then the wind and cold returns. So I head south into the wind toward Glenwood then back and over the troll bridge into Bellevue. Headwind all the way but short sleeves, sun, and knee warmers. I stop to pay the toll and someone ahead of me had already paid it. How cool is that ! ( I'm sure they thought I was Shim and was just returning a kindness he had done for them ) So I'm thinking it's a good karma day. Legs were tired as Kev and Shim put me in the pain cave without a flashlight for a hilly 50 Sat. But I'm thinking tailwind through the Blvd. north and then home. NO ! The wind changes and I have a head wind and cold and wet the rest of the way home. So only had a tail wind for about 10 min. Get in my truck to go to Hy-Vee and no wipers, check it out and get some parts and then the store. Get my grub and am putting them in my truck and some guy backs into me, not my truck, ME ! So now I'm home, hip is bruised but OK and I'm not moving from my couch till work tomorrow. So much for Karma !
Thanks for reading...........I feel better now !

9 comments:

Cornbread said...

Ouch. Glad you weren't hurt badly. Heal up.

You're due for some good luck. I'd play the lottery if I were you.

Shim said...

Yikes! Glad to hear your OK, funny the weather is fine here in Long Beach.

Mark Savery said...

NO WAY! Some ass actually hit you? Glad it's just a bruise.

Ride's like that are brutal. You're not dead so you must be stronger.

dale said...

I think the guy who backed into you probably thought you were shim too.

T-bone said...

I had the same thing happen to me. I went to Hy-Vee as it started to snow yesterday. As I was pushing my cart to my car some dumb @ss turns into the cross walk and slams into my cart with his car. I was like WTF??? If he would have been talking on the phone I would have kicked his ass. I don't know why he didn't see me. I could see him as he was hitting my cart. Not sure what his problems was but luckly I was uninjured.

Shim said...

Hey, wtf does that mean?

Roxy said...

Jim, best to check the wind before heading out. I planned for it and still froze my ass off. Left the house at 9, thinking all will be well til noon. I'm in wool jersey (thankfully), shorts and fingerless gloves. Went north via airport,passed Hummel and on towards Briar Shute. Told myself at 10:30 I'd go til 11 then turn around. I made it 15 more minutes. The ride back was better but not that much better as the wind from the west pushed me around. My fingers were turning red and they were not moving very well.I had to get warm so I went as hard as I could to a gas station on N. 16th in Carter Lake. Once there I nursed a Cappacino and brought my fingers back to life in the bathroom sink. But, I still had to get home and I wasn't going to call for a ride. So I zigzagged through downtown to home. I was soo happy to be done and the best part, RF, Larry and Munson were just getting started. Long story, longer, bring your layers!

KEV said...

Sorry to hear about your bad ride / day. I wasn't trying to put you in a pain cave just SHIM since he was hurting from the 29 miles on his fixed gear Friday night. I think about 10 miles of it was down hills and that wasn't working so well for him.

A week ago Sunday we had a snowball come between us on the way back to SHIMS house, now I know who they were aiming for.

I met KM Sunday morning for my own lesson in pain from 7:00 till 9:00 and the weather was perfect. It actually seemed really warm for some reason?

KEV said...

Sorry to hear about your bad ride / day. I wasn't trying to put you in a pain cave just SHIM since he was hurting from the 29 miles on his fixed gear Friday night. I think about 10 miles of it was down hills and that wasn't working so well for him.

A week ago Sunday we had a snowball come between us on the way back to SHIMS house, now I know who they were aiming for.

I met KM Sunday morning for my own lesson in pain from 7:00 till 9:00 and the weather was perfect. It actually seemed really warm for some reason?